Monday, October 24, 2011

31 Days of Halloween Day 24

One of my favorite Halloween traditions is making Sugar cookies.


With Frieda's recipe I get to mix up memories of my Grammy and mom with new memories with my own kids. Frieda's cookies are perfect. Not too sweet so you can enjoy the icing and sprinkles. The smell of lemon and vanilla take me right to my childhood.


This is a big project, especially because I double the dough and have such great helpers. The icing of cookies takes place on a separate day.



Need a tutorial on how to make cookies? Let R show you how.  ***Video trouble.  Coming soon. Hopefully.**
PS- We don't share any of the cookies the kids roll out. So, they're okay to eat if we bring them to your house.
PSS- I talk a lot about these cookies here.  Usually around Valentines day.

No comments: