Friday, August 6, 2010

Long time no blog (bullet update)

The bad:

  • I have been so grumpy lately. My poor family. For real everyone should feel sorry for them. And maybe pray for them.
  • I love snuggling with my baby. Just not all night long. He's had a few nights with good stretches of sleep, but for the most part we're still up every 3-4 hours.
  • I have pinched nerves in my neck and arm. This contributes to tight muscles and headaches. Which contribute to me having little motivation to be up and cheerful.

The good:

  • We moved! Out of that cave we lived in. We now live in a townhome with upgraded countertops, a parking spot directly in front of the house, and LOTS of natural sunlight. The first day we lived here I went into the kitchen 3 times to turn off the light and there was no light on. WOO HOO!
  • My cousin EA came up to stay with us for a few days. While she was here we went to the zoo, the pool, had R's birthday party, and made some fancy cakes with fondant. Very fun.
  • We have been able to go swimming a lot and the kids LOVE it. They are getting quite confident and need some lessons.

The super cute:

  • R has started reading. We haven't done any formal teaching, but he's catching on fast. He amazes us daily with the things he is able to read. He gets to start preschool the end of this month. 4 days a week, 4 hours a day.
  • M is quite a little princess. We're working on learning the potty. Her vocabulary is exploding and we love to hear her talk.
  • RR is growing fast. He loves to eat and be held, but is quite content to sit in the swing and play on the floor. He is even tolerant of his siblings kissing on him.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear you have pinch nerves. Those are the worst! I hope you feel better soon.
I can't believe R is reading. We've been working with Keaton for a month now and he's getting it. But I tell ya we've had to work hard. I wish he'd just teach himself :).
Can't believe your baby is already 5 months. I really need to get together with you soon.