Monday, May 10, 2010

Battle of Wills

Put on your shoes and go potty.
No.
Please put on your shoes and go potty so we can go to the playground.
No.
rinse repeat. too many times with too many warnings before the darling R needed a time out.

He wouldn't sit in the time out spot for his 3 minutes. He didn't scream and cry, just laughed and taunted.
I am proud to say I stayed calm and didn't talk, yell, or explode into a billion pieces during the 70 minutes it took for him to complete the 3 minute time out. I did have to make a phone call to the dad to refocus, and I wanted a sugary bubbly beverage after, but we all survived.
Score 1 for mom.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Patience. It so hard! Good job for winning the patience battle. Have fun with the socks. Jared keeps telling me I should quit folding the socks, and pile them into baskets. As the years go by, I'm getting closer taking his advice. Folding is only half the problem, though. The other half is getting them picked up. The joys of motherhood.

Summer Navarrete said...

You go Harmonie. I usually want to cry then scream then laugh then scream some more. Its hard to outlast a persistent three year old.