Monday, July 20, 2009

"My Best Birfday Ever"

R had a great birthday. In fact, he claimed it was his best ever. He got the scooter and backpack that he's been talking about for months. Here is the requested phone cake.And a closeup of the message.He added pretend candles and then blew them out. What a cutie. Now to get all sentimental about my baby boy.
We really love R. He is very sweet to his sister. He gets really concerned when she cries. (Even if it's because he pushed her down.) He is good to share with her, and loves to make her laugh. In fact, he likes to make us all laugh, and has a good sense of humor. He's growing out of a lot of his cute toddler language, but he does call our neighbor Austin, "Awesome", the neighbors on the other side are "Dude and The Princess." He calls me a princess when I wear a dress, and it makes me smile every time. He will say "That's so cute" when he likes something, and say "Mom, You Okay" when I'm mad at him. Several times I have said "Mom NOT okay." back to him. He loves tires and motorbicycles. His favorite drink is Lemalade, and he cries if you tell him it's Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner. (He only eats food.)
R has a good imagination and is often headed to school, the library, the motorcycle store, and the town. He also has pretend pets that we've taken care of and played with. (better than the real thing IMO.)

He knows his letters, their sounds, can count to 20, and speaks fluent Russian. (Not really the last one.) The other day he asked me how many cars I wanted. I told him 10. He counted the cars already on the table and said, "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, okay I need 2 more." without missing a beat. We think he's pretty smart.

He LOVES to be with other kids. Especially his cousins. He misses his grandparents whenever they are not around. And I think the feeling is mutual. He's a fun kid.

2 comments:

DuncanAndCandice said...

I am so glad that his birfday day was the best ever... I love the cake it is so cute!!!

Tina said...

Cute cake! I'm impressed. He is a cute boy!