I did not attend a Tax Day protest, but I wanted to.I do not agree with the massive spending our government is doing right now.
I feel really frustrated that the our elected leaders do not seem to be paying attention to what the people want.
I'm frustrated with every problem our nation faces lately being an emergency situation that has to be solved RIGHT NOW without any real input from the people. Especially with so many zeros at the end of these "solutions."
I hope that these "tea parties" across the nation are the start of something. People getting together, knowing they are not alone. Standing together for the future of their country. Showing their elected officials that they are not going to sit back and let do what they want. It is not okay to say one thing to get elected and do what they want once they are in office.
I plan to take more action. Be more proactive about saving my country for my children and grandchildren. I know I need to stand up for what I know is right.
When my children and grandchildren ask about this period of time, I want to be able to tell them I stood up against socialism, and did what I could to protect our Republic and freedoms. What will you tell yours?
These pictures are from all across the country. Portland, San Antonio, Nashville, and Orlando to name a few. You can see more here. The media said there were approximately 240,000 people attending these tea parties across the country. I think this is an understatement. There were 13 across Utah, including one in my little hometown. 

This is what the tea parties are about: (Taken from GB's opening monologue of his show from Tax Day)
It's about spending — too much spending, to be specific. The idea that a business is too big to fail is anti-American; we've always been for the underdog.
It's about putting my family — my children — under $12.8 trillion in debt; all it took was two presidents and six months.
It's about the idea that we're all socialists now.
It's about power — too much power going to federal government.
It's about the rule of law — that no one is above the law: if you're here legally or illegally, it applies-never too rich or powerful.
It's about the Republic, not mob rule.
It's about the concept of free speech — we've been called insane, lunatics and worse, just for speaking out.
It's about hypocrisy — both parties claim to be the most ethical, but we get corruption and not one damn person in Washington to speak out against it.
It's about the media that gets into bed with one party and has moved so far left that it can't even begin to see we're not extremists, we're moms and dads who just want to have a Republic for our children; but they can't see it.

No comments:
Post a Comment