Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sick Kid Kharma

Today is R's friend K's birthday. We have been looking forward to this for a while (R as much as he understood and me more than I should admit. ) He didn't sleep well last night, we were all up about 3 hours earlier than normal, and was put down for a nap when we could not take his whining and crying any more. We went to get him out of bed a few minutes before the party started. One thermometer said his fever was at 102.00, the other said 104. He had other signs of being sick (yucky ones) and was sent back to bed after a dose of "medcin."
I delivered the birthday gift by myself, and came back home to do dishes and other not-as-fun-as-a-party things. It got me thinking:

I really hope Rachael doesn't think we are faking sick because we didn't want to come.

I have said my kids were sick to get out of going somewhere I didn't want to go. (THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS BLOG. Promise.)
I have prayed that my kids will get sick so I can get out of going somewhere or doing something.

But no more. Starting today. I have received my sick kid kharma.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

This totaly made me laugh out loud! I of course don't think you were faking! We did miss you guys though. I too have lied about sick kids to get out of stuff. Who hasn't?
Maybe next week we can do a play date at my house and Ririe and Keats can play with all the cool new toys he got? I also set aside some eggs for R too.