After weighing our options, we chose the website Time4Learning.com.
Rye has no problem with reading, I wasn't worried about math, and he devours science. The are I was most worried about is making sure he received lessons in the basic building blocks of spelling and phonics.
The area of Time4Learning.com that I was most excited about is the sequenced Language Arts lessons in a sequence that builds skill. He enjoyed the videos and games, and I appreciated that he was having a thorough review of the letter sounds and patterns.
The lessons were so engaging that I would often find the 5 year old and 3 year old right there watching.
He still HATES to write, but their mix of online writing and printable activities helped drag him along.
I loved that I could outline the week's lesson plan, and it was easy to check in and see what he had completed. Even when I was busy with the new baby, or the other kids, or resting my eyes leaning on the mop in the corner, I knew that the important basics of his education were being covered. We could do the extra science that he wanted, do school at night when dad was home, or do three days worth by Monday morning.
There are AWESOME printable reports for our portfolio. They do so much of that work. It has made this homeschool year successful for our family.

1 comment:
We've been using Time4Learning for a few years now and have found it to be a sanity saver for me! I also enjoy being able to plan out the week and follow along with what they need to be working on each day. My boys dislike writing, too, so it's something we will continue to practice! Glad you enjoyed your time with Time4Learning!
Post a Comment