Monday, May 26, 2014

Blueberries

 Blueberries!  I love being able to head out to a farm and pick our own fruit! This year we didn't make it to a strawberry place (boo!) but we did make it to 2 different blueberry farms.  Luckily, both farms did NOT charge for the berries that ended up in our tummies. 
 So far we've had blueberry smoothies, blueberry pie, and blueberries by the handful.  There berries frozen, berries frozen and waiting to be bagged, and berries waiting to be turned into syrup.
The pie was yummy.  So good I didn't get time to snap a picture before it was gobbled up.  R gave it a review," The pie was pretty good mom. Next time I have one request: Please leave out the sour berries and only include the sweet ones."  Not sure just HOW to do that...

The pie recipe was super easy and found at pickyourown.org. I love this website and have found it useful for finding farms and pumpkin patches, recipes, and tips for canning.