Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Working Mom

I got a job.  Woo Hoo.  This really is actually a good thing.  I applied for 82 jobs in the month of November.  Add that to the number of jobs I've applied to since August and you'll find a VERY discouraging number. It really is hard to find a job in a college town.  I will be doing call center work from home.  Not a very fun job, but beggars can't be choosers, and I'm tired of wondering where the money is going to come from.  I'm tired of being envious of people who have disposable income to buy fun things like dryer sheets and shoes when we've been scraping change together to buy toilet paper. 

But, we're ready to put that behind us.  Light at the end of this tunnel.  I have learned many good lessons from our extreme economic trials of the past few months.  We are all healthy, happy, and have been able to spend lots of time together. 

On to the next part of this adventure.

1 comment:

Summer Navarrete said...

Yeah Harmonie!!!!!!
let me know when I can help with the little ones. and I'm Serious!